Local Rules from Scorecard - 20/05/2023
Provisional Ball for Ball in a Penalty Area
The player may either: Play the ball as it lies without penalty, or Play a ball from outside the penalty area by taking relief under Rule 17.1d with one penalty stroke .
Means a rule IS in operation.
Means a rule IS NOT in operation.
When a player's ball lies in a part of the general area cut to fairway height or less, the player may take free relief once by lifting, cleaning and placing the original ball or another ball in and playing it from this relief area:
• Reference Point: Spot of the original ball.
• Size of Relief Area Measured from Reference Point: 6 inches from the
reference point, but with these limits:
• Limits on Location of Relief Area:
• Must not be nearer the hole than the reference point, and
• Must be in the general area.
In proceeding under this Local Rule, the player must choose a spot to place the ball and use the procedures for replacing a ball under Rules 14.2b(2) and 14.2e.