Local Rules from Scorecard
Means a rule IS in operation.
Means a rule IS NOT in operation.
When a player's ball lies in a part of the general area cut to fairway height or less, the player may take free relief once by placing the original ball or another ball in and playing it from this relief area:
• Reference Point: Spot of the original ball.
• Size of Relief Area Measured from Reference Point: 6 inches from the
reference point, but with these limits:
• Limits on Location of Relief Area:
• Must not be nearer the hole than the reference point, and
• Must be in the general area.
In proceeding under this Local Rule, the player must choose a spot to place the ball and use the procedures for replacing a ball under Rules 14.2b(2) and 14.2e.
When a player’s ball lies anywhere in the general area (excludes Bunkers and Penalty areas), the ball may be lifted, cleaned and replaced without penalty. The player must mark the spot before lifting the ball (see Rule 14.1) and the ball must be replaced on its original spot (see Rule 14.2).